This New Dad participates in the Amazon Associate Services LLC Program. This means I earn a small commission when you purchase through the Amazon links on this blog at no extra cost to you. Learn More.
I need not bore you with a long winded essay about why we love this product. Truth is, of the 80+ Baby Registry gifts we received, this was definitely one of our favorites. Our little one loved it. Whether we were folding laundry or reading to him, watching TV or making faces at him, this Boppy Original Newborn Lounger was his favorite hangout spot.
Why We Loved It
- It was beyond comfortable and cradled him perfectly, making it the ideal spot for him to lounge in.
- It is lightweight and very easy to pick up move around: on many occasions we would carry the boppy in one had and baby in the other quite easily (it has a handle).
- And because it’s lightweight, it’s easy to scoop up and take to a friend or family member’s home for a quick visit or pack in a travel bag take with you on vacation.
- You are definitely going to have your fair share of spills and smudges: the good news is that it is easy wipe down and clean, and if needed, can be thrown into the washing machine.
- Its dual sided so your little one can chill on either side.
What We Didn’t Like About It
There aren’t that many cons with this product, but if I had to grudgingly try find some or at least point areas of improvement, it would be the following:
- Although it is easy to clean, it doesn’t come with a cover which I’m certain is something some people might want.
- The maximum recommended weight is 16lbs (7.26kg), and so our little one outgrew it by the time he was 3 months old. But of course, this is a nitpicky con since it’s inevitable for newborns to outgrow many newborn products.
Final Score 5/5
Read the Warning Labels
Make sure you use this Boppy Original Newborn Lounger as directed and you will love it. This is NOT meant for baby to sleep in: NO naps or co-sleeping. And make sure to use this on the floor: do not put it on a raised surface (table, kitchen counter, sofa etc.) and then proceed to place your little one in it. And most importantly, do not leave your child unsupervised while in this lounger: that’s just good advice on any occasion actually.
On a rather sentimental note, my fiance and I were going through photos we’ve taken of our little one, and as we were swiping through our phones, we realized we had captured so many moments of him in the Boppy Original Newborn Lounger, so much o that we could see his growth with every swipe.
Judging by our own experience with it, I highly recommend this product.
This New Dad,
Subscribe, follow and journey with me into parenthood.