This New Dad participates in the Amazon Associate Services LLC Program. This means I earn a small commission when you purchase through the Amazon links on this blog at no extra cost to you. Learn More.
This was a product one of my co-workers recommended to me a couple of weeks after our little one was born, and we’re so happy I listened, this play gym has brought my little so much joy.
The Baby Einstein Caterpillar & Friends Play Gym is definitely one of our go-to baby products and we use it several times a day. Our little guy definitely enjoys it and its been interesting to watch him grow into it. Just two months ago, all he could do was stare at the flashing star and toys, but now that he is able to move around and reach for things, he is constantly grabbing at the toys and exploring his little gym.
- It’s been a great tummy time tool. Our little one hates tummy time, but the gym seems to at least keep him calm for the first couple of minutes before he starts flipping out;
- All the toys are detachable and easy to move around which is very useful when it comes to tummy time or just simply trying to always keep him challenged and engage;
- The star lights up and plays melodies and since the first day we put him in there, he seems to almost get lost in some trance staring at it: its creepy (in the most adorable way);
- Very easy to clean: the toys can be wiped down and the mat itself is machine washable (we hang dry it though)
- Although this was not an issue for us because our place is carpeted (medium pile), the Baby Einstein Caterpillar & Friends Play Gym mat (although it does have a little bit of cushioning) is quite thin and may not be the most comfortable place for your child to play if you’re planning to place it on hardwood or low pile carpet (easy to remedy with a blanket, area rug etc.)
Final Score 5/5
This play gym has brought my little so much joy. I couldn’t give it any less than a 5 out of 5.
This New Dad,
Subscribe, follow and journey with me into parenthood.