Your support helps keep the lights on. This New Dad participates in the Amazon Associate Services LLC Program. This means I earn a small commission when you purchase through the Amazon links on this blog at no extra cost to you. Learn More.
I think the Graco Simple Swag Baby Swing is the Clydesdale horse of baby swings: it’s sturdy, reliable, and a smooth and gentle ride. Of the many things we put on our baby registry, this is a product I can confidently say delivered on it’s promises.
When we were putting together our baby registry, we admittedly were looking at other products in the infant sways and swings category. My fiance in particular was obsessed with the 4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing.
However, after one of her friends that had bought one for their newborn let us know that their little one hated it and it might not be worth it considering the price point, we started to look at more affordable options. After watching a lot of YouTube videos, consulting with friend,s and reading blogs similar to mine, we narrowed it down to one of two: the Fisher-Price Elephant Safari Cradle ‘n Swing and the Graco Simple Swag Baby Swing . And we’re so glad that we went with the Graco Simple Swag Baby Swing.
Our son loves it, and we use it more often than we thought we would, and for quite a few reasons:
- You buy a swing for the side-to-side motion (Captain Obvious!), and the Graco Simple Swag Baby Swing comes equipped with 6 different speed options you can adjust according to your little one’s preference;
- It also has two vibration settings, and to be honest this was a feature I didn’t understand or thought I would use but our son actually likes it: it sometimes makes the difference between him being fussy and calming down;
- As a parent or caregiver of an infant, you quickly appreciate sound machines and this swing comes with it’s own selection of melodies and nature sounds;
- It’s definitely comfortable and secure; we’ve never had to worry about him falling out;
- It’s lighter than it looks and easy to move around: we’ve found ourselves moving it between the living room and nursery (now office because we’re working from home right now) a lot;
- And you can also run it with just batteries. We always plug it in because we have never seen the need to run it with batteries (not environmentally friendly) but I’m guessing that feature is useful if outlets are an issue;
- Very affordable especially when you consider what you’re getting;
- If we had one little con, it would be that the 3 soft toys don’t rotate, having that be a feature would enhance the swing experience even further;
Final Score 4.5/5
Always Read the Warning Labels
As with any baby product, make sure you follow the instructions that come with the swing and also take heed of all the warnings: this will ensure that you will get the best out of the product while keeping your little one safe.
I’m certain there are other products out there that may check everything on your list when it comes to what you’re looking for, but I can only speak to my own experience with this product, and based on that, I would definitely recommend looking into the Graco Simple Swag Baby Swing if you’re on the market for a budget friendly infant swing.
This New Dad,
Subscribe, follow and journey with me into parenthood.